Thursday 22 September 2011

Romy's moonlight escapade

Romy
Romy came to me after six months of my marriage when my inlaws got transferred to another city.He was quiet and indifferent and not much attached to me.Soon he started listening to me but was scared stiff of my husband.Night escapdes were his forte and he would rush out of the back door as night fell only to return in the morning.One evening we noticed him behaving strangely.It was the night of the full moon.He rushed out as if possessed and was soon engulfed in the wild growth adjoining our house.Then we saw him standing under a huge tree quite a distance away looking up at the moon.Suddenly he started howling and went on at regular intervals.With morning he sneaked in and rushed up the stairs and hid under the bed on the balcony.We locked the door and fearfully placed a cup of water near him through the window as it is said that when a dog turns insane it does not drink water.luckily it sipped the water.After some days my sister inlaw passed it to her friend.A few months later I came to know that her friend had him put to sleep due to his strange behaviour putting an end to his moonlight sojourns.







No comments:

Post a Comment