Monday 29 December 2014

Postcards from down under Melbourne




I love Picture post cards and whenever I travel I like to take pictures and send them as picture postcards to my friends around the world. This does two things, one it lets them experience the beauty of the place as I see it and secondly it is an invite for them to come and visit that destination. Ever since I remember I have loved travelling and Melbourne happens to be one of the top destinations that I would like to travel to.
For me it’s  totally a value for money travel experience and I am simply in love with the city of Melbourne and the idea of visiting it. The emotion it generates is that of a fast friend or a relative that I am very fond of as it is vibrant and full of life. It spreads its arms in hospitality and offers so much that a visitor would never find oneself out of place.
Look at the food on offer, you would get food from all parts of the world in Melbourne .There are a large number of Indian restaurants. Those who want to try food from other regions of the world, for them the choice is aplenty. Don’t believe me then check this out
Victoria and Yarra valley in particular is the home to Australia’s best vineyards and Wineries.

I would love to click pictures of all these places and send them as to all my friends as picture postcards. One of the biggest attraction for me is to go to Sovereign Hill  as its old world charm is captivating. I am also very eager to go and try my hand at gold panning.


I have heard that Phillip Island has over 32000 little penguins and the charm of the Penguin Parade at Phillip island is too much to resist.  The adorable sight of little penguins coming out of the sea is reason enough for me to go to Melbourne.



The charm of  driving along the Great ocean road and experiencing the vast landscape is one the best ways to experience natures beauty that draws me to Melbourne



More information can be found here
Tourism Victoria website



Contest Time : Win a shopping voucher
 Which of these places would you want to visit in Melbourne and why?". 
Contest duration 31-12-14 to 5-1-15

The Contest has ended and the winner is
Drum roll....
.
.
.

Neeta Kapoor
Congratulations  to you !

11 comments:

  1. Great post! After reading your post & watching all the videos, I’d most like to visit the Dandenong Ranges for it’s scenic beauty, breathtaking view and cool breeze blowing through my hair. :P I’d give anything away for driving through the winding roads which are present throughout the ranges. I’d love to stay at one of the bed and breakfast cottages and go on frequent excursions in the forests with my camera which provides excellent views. And not to forget the famous ride in the Puffing Billy, a day reserved especially for that. To add to that, there are also several picnic spots for me and my friends to spend a fun-filled day and the ranges are a perfect spot for hiking and cycling.

    Pingback: https://cruxrebels.wordpress.com/2014/12/24/melbourne-the-place-to-be-see/

    Wish you and your blog a happy new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx cruxrebels hope you have a nice trip to Melbourne soon!

      Delete
  2. Nice post. And pretty well explained. I absolutely loved the way you described the places in detail. Your post gives me a feeling that I've been there in Australia for myself. Of all, I would like to go and experience the hot air balloon ride. Would be an awesome experience, that too one, memorable for an entire lifetime.

    - Ranjith (http://www.alightheartedtalk.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Ranjith. I like to do my research before I travel. Hope this comes in handy when you travel to Melbourne. Hope you have a nice trip to Melbourne soon!

      Delete
  3. Interesting Post
    After reading your post and watching all the videos
    I feel I have stepped into a kaleidoscope called Melbourne
    Where Vistas of experiences would unfold one after another
    The nature lover in me is enticed by the thought of watching the penguin parade.
    Traveling though the great ocean road, soaking up the freshness as the breeze ruffles my hair gets me in the mood to pack my bags for Melbourne.
    But before I can move ,Puffing Billy whistles and invites me for a ride. The kid in me jumps with joy at the thought of visiting Pannys Phillip Island Chocolate Factory
    Even before I can deside on the list of places that I would like to see in and around Melbourne.
    What’s that noise that I hear ?
    Oh its loud cheer from MCG as the cricket world cup 2015 is about to kick start.
    So many plces to see and so much to do.
    I am thetimetraveler ( http://goo.gl/wdXDzu ) and I have decided … Melbourne here I come ( http://goo.gl/RvUCQf )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some of the most interesting places which I shortlisted to visit after watching Tanmay and Rohan's videos is here. This comment space would be very less in order to keep on giving the reasons to visit these places once in life, but I am trying to be as short and crisp as possible and these are the must visit places if at all I go to Melbourne in my life.

    Yarra Valley for Great Day out and Excellent Wine Tasting tour which seems totally magical. Driving around Yarra Valley in a beautiful and breathtaking places seems like a great country getaway from Melbourne city and so much to see, visit and taste.

    Going for a Seal Watching Cruise and Observing those inquisitive & graceful creatures close up, is a trip one will not forget I guess. It seems to be a totally a worthy place for young and old too. So many seals getting close to them could be an absolutely thrilling experience.

    Another place I wouldn't want to miss is Sunny Ridge Strawberry farm for some AMAZING Strawberry ice cream and strawberries, it seems like a strawberry heaven with delicious, succulent and mouth watering strawberries ever. I am sure this place visit would be a great experience for the kids too.

    Have you watched Penguins parade ? If not, I guess this is the place to visit which is Phillip Island Nature Park. The experience to watch these penguins is Out of this world, a must see for great experience and its awesome

    for Animal lovers too. Its like cute litte faires coming in from Ocean. I guess, this is a MUST do experience when I am in Melbourne.

    Are you a chocolate lover ? I guess Pannys Amazing World of Chocolate is a must visit place for enjoying some mouth watering chocolates. Also, just watching the huge waterfall of chocolate cascade down is breath taking. And watching the live chocolate making is fun.

    If you are a drive freak and love to drive around in some scenic spots, this is the place to visit which is "The Great Ocean Road". Seems like it would be a Great tour, great food and fantastic view.

    Some more places which I love to visit is Montalto Vineyard & Olive Grove, Loch Ard Gorge beach, Chateau Yering BBQ for some amazing Australian BBQ and definitely a hot air balloon ride for spectacular sightseeing and experience in life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow great Post and wonderful videos. I must say there are so many reasons to fall in love and visit Melbourne. The Puffing Billy, Queen Victoria Market, The Penguin Parade (A must reason to witness this magic of nature unfold), Pannys Phillip Island Chocolate Factory, Watching the Sunrise from a balloon over Yarra Valley is an irresistible reason. However the reason that tops my list is the opportunity of visiting Sovereign Hill to experience life of an era gone by . Its would be as if I have got hold of a time machine. One that would help me go back in time and also maybe help me find some gold nuggets.
    Neeta Kapoor
    kapneeta87@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanx Hemaaa
    hope you get the opportunity to fulfill your dreams soon, have a nice trip to Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanx Neeta, Yes who knows which gold nugget might be waiting for you. So pack your bags and get ready . Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being a person who loves to travel this place has struck my eye.
    And here, Eureka Skydeck 88 is going to be first on my list.. i can just imagine the view after reading about it and i feel its going to be awesome.
    Then the St. Kilda Beach,the long walk on the beach during the sunset will be just perfect.. And finding gold is also there.. :D
    why not get my pockets filled with some tresure hunt..Laneways and Arcades is going to be the place to explore my "Lara croft" skills.. :D :D
    Melbourne is going to be a great place to visit and enjoy a holiday..

    ReplyDelete